Diabetes & Weight Loss Services in Exeter Devon
Are you fed up with yo yo dieting?
Do you feel food dominates your life?
Want to feel happier about your size?
Fed up feeing tired and lacking energy?
Do you spend a fortune on fad diets and slimming clubs?
Diabetic and want to improve your blood sugar control?
If the answer is yes to one or more of the above questions please read on…………………………………………………….
Some facts and figures on obesity (taken from NHS Information Centre – Statistics on obesity, physical activity and diet – England 2013)
- 65% of men and 58% of women are now overweight or obese
- The number of people admitted to hospital because of their obesity has more than tripled in 5 years
- Measurements at primary school show that 9.5% of children arriving in reception class are obese
- Obesity is associated with a range of health problems including Diabetes, Stroke, Coronary heart disease, certain cancers, gout, osteoarthristis and gall bladder disease.
Are you experiencing symptoms of Diabetes which include:
- Feeling very tired
- Urinating more than usual, especially during the night
- Often feeling thirsty
- Weight loss and reduction in muscle mass
- blurred vision
- Wounds and cuts that heal slowly
- Frequent episodes of thrush, with itching around the penis or vagina
Benefits of weight loss (5 to 10%)
|Reduces blood pressure||Have more energy|
|Improves cholesterol levels||Fit into different clothes|
|Reduces risk of type 2 diabetes||Do more with family|
|Lowers death rate from cancer and diabetes||Feel better|
|Improves lung function in asthma||Feel healthier|
|Reduces osteoarthritis – related disability||Sleep better|
|Improves blood sugar levels||Improve mobility|
How can we help?
At Eat Well Now we are specialists with years of experience in diabetes and weight management and helping clients lose weight and keep if off. We understand the challenges and frustrations faced by clients trying to lose weight. At Eat Well Now we can:-
- help you to break the yo yo dieting cycle
- understand how effective, sustainable weight loss works
- eliminate any dieting myths
- help you find out if you are ready to lose weight and keep it off
- help you to identify the most appropriate healthy eating plan for you to follow
- decide on achievable weight loss goals, and provide you with all the support and guidance you need to achieve them
and most importantly we can help you to adopt a healthy eating plan for life so that you can enjoy your food and feel healthier.
Healthy eating plans
At Eat Well Now we offer a range of diets to lose weight (see weight loss packages) to suit all individuals and budgets. We also offer a budget package for £55 and this is a 30 minute telephone/skype consultation where we review your completed food diary and provide a summary of practical dietary recommendations. If you live in Exeter or the surrounding areas of Devon, we can arrange a face to face meeting. We have extensive experience in helping clients to lose weight and maintain weight loss. Programmes offered also include Counterweight and Prodimed and more details on these can be found by clicking the links below.